Sunday, July 24, 2022

I'm Living Joseph In The Well - A Zidkenu Rap

 poem or lyric or rap dated 12/4/2021 10:45 AM

I'm living Joseph in the well 
I'm living Jonah in the whale
I'm living David in the field 
and it's not just how I feel
it's really true 
it's the living Bible in you

I'm living Daniel in the den 
and Habakkuk in the tower
and i can clearly see 
this is the final hour
before Habakkuk will come back
and so will ALL the prophets of old - 
just as the Bible foretold

I'm living Stephan under a pile of stones
I'm living Paul on his road to Rome
before that we was headed for Damascus -
that's when the Lord Yeshua did blast us
with the light of truth that he is the one and only true
and righteous son of the most high God -
and that's what changed the road I trod

Now I'm living Jesus with the woman at the well
now I'm pretty certain they'll be sending me to hell
Cross on my back and a crown pushed down on my head
made out of thorns to make sure that I bled
staring at Golgotha now and thanking a stranger
for picking up my cross and bearing it on her shoulder
for a while - and giving me a reason to smile

I'm living Job who lost every single thing
I'm living Peter who in prison still did sing
I'm John on the Isle of Patmos
I'm living Samson and Delilah - two times at most

and just like they hated him they hated me
and cast out every kind of vile blasphemy
from Beelzebub on down
and just like Paul i almost drowned
I've been shipwrecked injured wounded blinded left for dead
and taken to the edge of town and shown the exit

Now I'm Joseph on the throne
and even Moses on the mount
My face shining so brightly
On me you all can count
Because I've been with Jesus
and He never leaves us
and no weapon ever formed
can prosper against us

Now I'm living Jesus at the Samaritan's well
Now I'm pretty certain they'll be sending me to hell
but just like him I'll be back one day
as I continue to say

Zidkenu


No comments: